Dr. Mills completed her Bachelor of Science in communicative disorders at Worcester State University at Worcester, Massachusetts. She then relocated to the west coast to obtain her Master of Arts in communication disorders-audiology at California State University at Long Beach. She later completed her Clinical Doctorate in Audiology at the University of Florida. Dr. Mills has worked in the field of cochlear implants for many years, participating in numerous clinical trials and research studies. Her passion for working with cochlear implants began early in her career and continues today. She seeks to provide a positive experience for all of her cochlear implant patients during their hearing journey.
- Los Angeles
- Worcester State University, Bachelor of Arts in Communicative Disorders
- California State University Long Beach, Masters in Communication Disorders
- University of Florida, Doctor of Audiology
- Clinical Fellowship – House Clinic
- American Board of Audiology Certified with Specialty Certification in Cochlear Implants
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology
- Cochlear Implantation in Adults With Asymmetric Hearing Loss Clinical Trial
- Comprehensive Evaluation of Quality of Life in Older Adults with Moderate to Profound Sensorineural Hearing Loss (cHHEar Study)
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Galvin, J.G., Fu, Q.J., Wilkinson, E.P., Mills, D., Hagan, S., Lupo, J.E., Padilla, M., Shannon, R., “Benefits of Cochlear Implantation for Single Sided Deafness: Data From the House Clinic- University of Southern California-Univeristy of California, Los Angeles Clinical Trial” in Ear and Hearing, 2019 Jul/Aug; 40(4): 766-78.
- McRackan, T., Noble, J., Wilkinson, E., Mills, D., Dietrich, M. Dawant, B., Gifford, R., Labadie, R., “Implementation of Image-Guided Cochlear Implant Programming at a Distant Site” in American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 2017; 156 (5):933-93.
- Zwolan, T., Kileny, P., Smith, S., Waltzman,S., Chute, P., Domico, E., Firszt, J., Hodges, A., Mills, D., Whearty, M., Osberger, M. J., Fischer, L. “Comparison of Continuous Interleaved Sampling and Simultaneous Analog Stimulation Speech Processing Strategies in Newly Implanted Adults with a Clarion 1.2 Cochlear Implant” in Otol Neurorol, 2005, 26: 455-465.
- Luxford, W.M., Mills, D.M., “Cochlear Implantation in Adults” in Neurotology, ed. Brackmann, D.E., Jackler R.K. Elsevier Mosby, pp. 1309-1314, 2005.
- Zwolan, T., Kileny, P.R., Smith, S., Mills, D., Koch, D., Osberger, M.J., “Adult Cochlear Implant Patient Performance with Evolving Electrode Technology” in Otol Neurorol, 2001, 22(6): 844-849.
- Friedman, R.A., House, J.W., Luxford, W.M., Gherini, S., Mills, D.M., “Profound Hearing Loss Associated with Hydrocodone/ Acetaminophen Abuse” in the American Journal of Otology, 2000, Vol. 21, No. 2.
- Mills, D., “Perspective of Bonnie’s Implant Audiologist” in Cochlear Implants, A Handbook, McFarland & Company, 1998. 53-58.
- Henson, A.M., Slattery, W.H., Luxford, W.M., Mills, D.M.,“Cochlear Implant Performance After Re-implantation, A Multi-Center Study” in American Journal of Otology, 1999, Vol. 20, No.1.
- Friedman, R.A., Brackmann, D.E., Mills, D.M., “Auditory Nerve Integrity After Middle Fossa Acoustic Tumor Removal” in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 1998, Vol 119, No. 6.
- Staller, S., Menapace, C., Domico, E., Mills, D., Dowell, R.C., Geers, A., Pifl, S., Hasenstab, S., Justus, M., Brunelli, T., Adam, A., Borton, T., Lemay, M., “Speech Perception Abilities of Adult and Pediatric Nucleus Implant Recipients using the Spectral Peak (Speak) Coding Strategy” in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 1997, 117:236-242.
- Doyle, K.J., Mills, D., Larky, J., Kessler, D., Luxford, W.M., Schindler, R.A., “Consonant Perception by Users of Nucleus and Clarion Multichannel Cochlear Implants” in the American Journal of Otology1995, Vol 16, No. 5.
- Green, J.D., Mills, D.M., Bell, B.A., Luxford, W.M., Tonokawa, L.L., “Binaural Cochlear Implants” in the American Journal of Otology, 1992, Vol 13, No. 6.
- Beattie, R.C., Beguwala F.E., Mills, D.M., Boyd, R.L., “Latency and Amplitude Effects of Electrode Placement on the Early Auditory Evoked Response” in the Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders, February 1986.