Join us for a 2-day temporal bone drilling course featuring the House Institute faculty as lecturers and instructors. The House Institute and Advanced Bionics temporal bone dissection course is designed for the resident or physician looking to advance or update their knowledge and practical skills in temporal bone dissection and surgery. The course includes lectures in otology, neurotology, and skull base surgery and hands-on dissections that aim to improve surgical skills.
Date & Time
Registration Fee: $800*
Registration fees include breakfast, luncheons, refreshments, use of laboratory equipment, and supplies. Two fresh cadaveric temporal bones and other course material costs are covered by the House Institute Foundation.
* Two need-based scholarships are available for this course. If you would like to apply for this scholarship, please contact email@example.com by Friday, August 13th, 2021.
- Middle ear and stapes surgery by William Luxford, MD
- Mastoidectomy, facial recess by William Luxford, MD
- Facial nerve decompression by Derald Brackmann, MD
- Jugular bulb/carotid artery anatomy by Derald Brackmann, MD
- Translabyrinthine approach by Kevin Peng, MD
- Middle fossa approach by William Slattery, MD
- Retrosigmoid approach by Mia Miller, MD
- Mia Miller, MD – Course Director
- Derald Brackmann, MD
- Kevin Peng, MD
- William Slattery, MD
- William Luxford, MD
Course Location & Maps
Advanced Bionics 28515 Westinghouse Pl, Valencia, CA 91355
Travel & Accommodations
- 40 miles from Los Angeles International Airport
- 60 miles from Long Beach Airport
- The laboratory is located at Advanced Bionics 28515 Westinghouse Pl, Valencia, CA 91355
- 40 miles from Los Angeles
- 350 miles from San Francisco
- 900 miles from New Mexico
- 2,100 miles from Chicago Illinois
- 2,700 miles from District of Columbia
Here are a couple accommodations within walking distance of the course:
Our course is now full! We will be offering another course in spring 2022 and hope you will join us then. To receive notification for upcoming courses, please submit your information in the form below. Thank you!